Pages

Thursday, October 07, 2010

THE 98TH EDITION OF THE CARNIVAL OF GENEALOGY IS UP!

I've been so absorbed in working on my sources and with transcribing
GrandUncle Clarence's interview that I missed seeing until this morning
that the latest edition of Jasia's Carnival of Genealogy is up at Creative 
Gene. This one deals with Document Analysis and features fourteen
geneabloggers' stories about documents that helped them breakdown
a brickwall in their research. (I debated entering one of my posts from
this summer when I had a streak of good luck with my own research
but I am trying to only submit newly written articles for the CoG topics.)

This is the topic for the upcoming 99th edition:

"Call for Submissions! The topic for the next edition of the 
Carnival of Genealogy will be: Religious Rites. Baptisms/Christenings, 
First Holy Communion, Confirmation, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, church 
large part in many of our family histories. Virtually all religions have 
their rites/ceremonies. Has your family participated in any of these 
rites? Write about it and submit your article to the Carnival of Genealogy. 
The deadline for submissions will be November 1st. Thirty submissions 
will be accepted. 


Submit your blog article to the next edition of the 
Carnival of Genealogy 
using our carnival submission form. Please use a descriptive phrase in the
title of any articles you plan to submit and/or write a brief description/
introduction to your articles in the "comment" box of the blog carnival 
submission form. This will give readers an idea of what you've written 
about and hopefully interest them in clicking on your link."


I already know what I will be writing about for this one. And if you are
a geneablogger who hasn't participated in the CoG before, try it now.
It's a great way to stretch your writing skills and to make connections
with your fellow bloggers!

No comments: