Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

THE LAUGHTONS OF NORRIDGEWOCK

More treasures from the cds cousin Lewis Wuori sent me last month: images of
vital records from the town of Norridgewock Maine where my Laughton and
Greenleaf ancestors lived, The two John Laughtons were the fourth and fifth of
that name in the line. It's through the first John Laughton's marriage to Sarah
Swain that I am related to Jeremiah Swain.

John Laughton Jr married Amata Greenleaf (which is how our family is related to
the  the New England poet John Greenleaf Whittier) and the maiden name of his
mother is believed to have been McGraugh but I've yet to find a record of it.
My 2x greatgrandmother Louisa Richardson was given the middle name Amata
in honor of her grandmother. 
The Marriage Intentions for my 4x greatgrandparents John Laughton Jr and Amata Greenleaf.

The family record of 5x greatgrandparents Joshua Greenleaf and Hannah Williamson 


The Family of 5x greatgrandparents John Laughton and Lydia (Mcgraugh?)

Birth records of Norridgewock including the Laughton Family

Norridgewock Death Records for 1842 with John Laughton Sr's Death

No comments: