Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

SATURDAY NIGHT GENEALOGY FUN;: TWO DEGREES OF SEPARATION

I'm a bit late for this weeks Saturday Night Genealogy Fun from Randy Seaver
over at Genea-Musings, but as they say, better late than never!

This week's challenge:
1)  Using your ancestral lines, how far back in time can you go with two degrees of separation?  That means "you knew an ancestor, who knew another ancestor."  When was that second ancestor born?


2)  Tell us in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blog post, in a status line on Facebook or a stream post on Google Plus.



Ok, although I don't remember him, my great grandfather Philip J West died in 1954
when I six years old. PJ was born in 1862 and his grandmother Arvilla Ames was born
in 1810. It's possible his mother's parents Phillip Richardson and Esther (Laughton)
Richardson were still alive in which case Phillip was born in 1794. Since I don't know
their death dates as yet I'll have to go with Arvilla since she lived until 1907.Phillip's
son, my grandfather Floyd E West Sr was born in 1893 so he would have known
Arvilla as well.

Arvilla's grandfather John Ames fought in the Revolutionary War and lived until 1833
so my great grandfather and grandfather knew somebody whose grandfather was at
Bunker Hill!

Thanks for the fun, Randy!

No comments: