Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

RECORDS, I'VE GOT RECORDS....

Before I plunge into my next series of posts, which will deal with the Will and
Estate of my 4x great grandfather John Ellingwood, I stopped the other night
to review what documents I have on my Ellingwood ancestors. I've been pretty
lucky; I have something for nearly all my direct Ellingwood line except for
John Ellingwood Jr.(my 3x great grandfather)

They come from a variety of sources:
The Will of 8x great grandfather Ralph Ellingwood Sr. from a transcription in
Florence O' Connor's book.

The Will of  7x great grandfather Ralph Ellingwood Jr. from images found
online and for which I neglected to record the source.

Two Real Estate records for 6x great grandfather Ebenezer Ellingwood found on Familysearch

The Probate Court File for 5x great grandfather Joseph Ellingwood, also found on FamilySearch

The Probate Court file for 4x great grandfather John Ellingwood Sr., again from FamilySearch

The Civil War Pension file of 2x great grandfather Asa F Ellingwood from the National Archives

The Divorce Court affidavit of great grandmother Clara Ellingwood , thanks to Chris Dunham.

There are also various Census records and BMD records found on Ancestry.com and
on FamilySearch, as well as records for some of my Ellingwood ancestors' siblings.
And of course there are the two Ellingwood Family Genealogy books to serve as guides in my research. I expect to find further documents for the Ellingwoods in the FamilySearch Massachusetts, Land Records, 1620-1986 Collection.

I'm also finding records for the related Dunham and Barrows families in the two Massachusetts, Plymouth County, Probate Estate Files Collections.

Now I'm hoping to see an Essex County Probate Estate Files Collection soon.

But for the moment, I've got plenty to transcribe and analyze!

No comments: