Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

DEAR GENEA-SANTA 2013

(I'm a week late on this Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Challenge from
Randy Seaver of Genea-Muings but better late than never!
 

Dear Genea-Santa,
Well another year is nearly over and it's been a very good year. To paraphrase
the immortal Chico Escuela, "Genea-Santa been berry berry good to me!" I've
found all sorts of good things researching the family tree this year, such as
probate files and wills. My White family cousin sent me a picture of my
great grandfather Edward F White Sr. And I have a successor to Ping the
Wonder Car, Ping the Second, (aka Pingzinga) so I've been able to visit
cemeteries and take pictures. Last but not least, I was able to meet
geneafriends at the New England Geneablogger Bash and at the
Geneablogger Panel at the Merrimack Valley chapter of the MSOG. So, all
in all, a very good year.

Except for that one thing.

You know what I'm talking about.

Yes, the BRICK WALL. I still haven't found the parents of my 3x great grandfather
the Elusive John Cutter West. I really need some help there, Santa.  I mean,
I'm pretty sure he wasn't a product of spontaneous generation. I'm not greedy
Santa, I'll take even the teeniest weeniest of clues. Work with me here, Big Guy,
please!

Meanwhile, here's another  genealogy gift idea for the elves to work on in
their spare time:

The Transcriber Wand- A magic wand sort of like what Harry Potter has only
when it's pointed at a 17th century document with nearly indecipherable handwriting,
it magically transcribes the whole thing for you on your computer screen.Be sure
the elves come up with versions for both Macs and PCs.

Also, if I might, a few suggestions for the Naughty List:

Indexers at a certain online genealogy site.Not all of them. Just the ones who
make truly silly errors with common names.

Sploggers. Big fat dirty BAGS of coal for them. And maybe a visit from the Krampus.

Finally, Politicians who keep playing political games with the SSDI. They get TWO
big bags of coal.

Well, that's about it for this year. Remember that teeny weeny clue on the brick wall!

Yours,
Bill 



No comments: