Pages

Friday, December 18, 2015

BLOG CAROLING 2015: THE CAROL OF THE BELLS





It's become a Geneablogger tradition to join our friend footnoteMaven in the annual Blog Caroling Event, when geneabloggers post their favorite Christmas carols. Then you can check the links on the
Friends of fM Facebook page and take a blog caroling tour of everyone's choices!


This year I've chosen The Carol of the Bells. It's one of those songs that's put me in the holiday
mood when I hear it and occasionally I catch myself humming it. I don't know all the words, but
I do a mean "ding dong, ding dong!  

The Carol of the Bells

Hark how the bells,
sweet silver bells,
all seem to say,
throw cares away
Christmas is here,
bringing good cheer,
to young and old,
meek and the bold.
Ding dong ding dong
that is their song
with joyful ring
all caroling.
One seems to hear
words of good cheer
from everywhere
filling the air.
Oh how they pound,
raising the sound,
o'er hill and dale,
telling their tale.
Gaily they ring
while people sing
songs of good cheer,
Christmas is here.
Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas,
Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas.
On on they send,
on without end,
their joyful tone
to every home.
Ding dong ding... dong!



There's many versions of the song out there but I like the traditional version, such as the 
one by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, which you see and hear it here on YouTube.

 Merry Christmas, fM!

No comments: