Pages

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

MY GENEA-PLANS FOR 2016

Here's my list of Genea-Plans (aka genealogy New Year's resolutions) for 2016. Being a realist I know I probably won't reach most of them, especially number 9, but I'll try my best:

1. Work more on my family tree: I still have plenty of collateral relatives to add to my database
but I also need to continue to work on merging the duplicates I put in the database back when I first started researching online and was in my "name gathering" newbie phase. I also need to add citations and sources where I don't have any entered.   

2. Visit more of the towns where my ancestors lived, see their graves and homes, and take photos: I need to make more of an effort at this as soon as the snow season is over, especially getting up to Essex and Middlesex counties, and west to Worcester county.

3. Blog more: I met my 2015 goal for this blog of going over 200 posts by reaching 220. So for 2016
I need to top that, even if it's only by just one more post. And I will institute that 52 Gravestones in 52 Weeks series for my Old Colony Genealogy Rabbit blog.
 
4. Keep on with Find A Grave activities: I still have a whole lot of cemetery photos to use to create
memorials, and I want to get out and fill some more photo requests. 

5.Transcribe: There's a bunch of Probate Files I haven't worked on yet. I started using the program
Transcript last Fall and it's simple to use, so I'll see if it makes it easier to keep this resolution

6. Stay organized: I need to keep at putting things I download onto my hard drive into whatever folder they belong in immediately, rather than letting them sit in the Downloads file until I get around to it.

7. Scan more: I still have family photos to scan.

8. Index more:  I hope to do some indexing for Familysearch without waiting for another crowd sourcing "event" to motivate me

9. Join a local society: I say this every year. Hope springs eternal.

10. Break down that John Cutter West brick wall: Maybe this will be the year!

And again, as in every year, to keep having fun with genealogy!

No comments: