Pages

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

52 ANCESTORS IN 52 WEEKS 2017 WEEK 6: ASA ELLINGWOOD OF MAINE & NEW HAMPSHIRE

I've been stuck in a rut lately as far as trying to blog, especially with the 52 Ancestors Challenge.
The problem is that Asa Ellingwood is my next in line for the Ellingwoods and I've already written more posts about Asa (23) than any of  my other Ellingwood ancestors. So I finally decided to just post this photograph:




It's the Certificate of Intent for Asa's marriage to Florilla Dunham  from the Town Clerk in Paris,
Me. It's dated 22August 1850. Interestingly, the marriage record  transcript at  "Maine Marriages, 1771-1907," on  FamilySearch gives the date of the marriage in Woodstock, Me. as 10Aug 1850.

 I'll discuss the families of the Ellingwood wives next.

Asa & Florilla (Dunham) Ellingwood

3 comments:

Chris said...

The only record in Woodstock is of their marriage intentions, as shown here. I haven't run across the actual record of their marriage.

Bill West said...

So we have a mystery here. Is this an error copying the information from the document ot the certificate?

Chris said...

It's not online at FamilySearch, but according to my notes Asa and Florilla's intentions were published in Paris on 10 Aug. 1850, and certified on the 22nd. Woodstock has only the record of their publishment.