Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

FOUR WAY TAGGED

A meme went around in the geneablogging community about a year and a
half ago and it's back once more. Despite the fact that I'm a bit boring,
I've been tagged to take part by Apple. And Lori. And Becky. And
Msteri.

The way this meme works is this:

1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.

2. Write a blog post about their eight things and post these rules.

3. A the end of the post, choose eight people to get tagged and list them.

4. Leave them a comment on their blogs telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.



So here's my eight facts about me

1. I'm a John Wayne fan. I might not have agreed with him politically, but I can't
resist watching one of the Duke's westerns.

2. I mentioned in the first go-round of this meme last year that I read a lot and
work in a bookstore. Besides history, I like mysteries. Along with mysteries set
in the Middle Ages, I'm a big Robert Parker (Spenser) fan and have met Mr.
Parker several times over the years when he's come to whatever bookstore
I was working in at the time for a book signing.

3. Even more than mysteries, I love science fiction and fantasy. I got hooked at
age 8 when I read "Catseye" by Andre Norton.

4. I used to attend science fiction conventions, including several Worldcons, where
I got the chance to meet many writers which was the best part about attending.

5. I traveled by Greyhound Bus from Boston to Denver for one Worldcon. I'm not
sure if it was a two or three day trip both ways. I slept and read a lot on the way
back and it all sort of blurs together now, except that I do recall liking Denver.

6. I hate heights. Which is why I have never flown in an airplane, hence the Greyhound
Bus to Denver, and Chicago on another occasion, and the train to Baltimore.

7. I like folk music and Celtic music. Favorites include Joan Baez, Garnet Rogers,
the late Stan Rogers, Clannad and The Chieftains.

8. I am a Red Sox fan but when I was a kid my second favorite team was the Dodgers
because my little league team was the St. Matthew's Dodgers.

There, told you it was a bit boring. I need to do a little research to find eight folks who
haven't been already tagged, so I'll edit the list in here later..

No comments: