Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

SATURDAY NIGHT GENEALOGICAL FUN-THREE THINGS

It's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun time (where DID that week go?) and
once more Randy Seaver has a challenge for geneabloggers over at
Genea-Musings. This week it's:

"1) Think of three things that you learned about Genealogy
or Family History today.


2) Tell us about them in a blog post or a comment to this post."

And here's mine:

My 8x great grandfather John Hoyt was killed by Indians on the road between
Andover and Haverhill 13Aug 1696.

My 9x great grandfather Thomas Chandler won a slander case in 1665 but the penalty
meted out to the slanderer sure seems more a further insult to Thomas!

It's a lot easier to find things about my paternal ancestors in 17th and 18th century
Massachusetts than to find anything from 19th century Maine and New Hampshire.
Really! Not to mention anything about my mom's Irish grandparents' family! But
I may take some steps on that soon.

Stay tuned for further developments!

2 comments:

Karen Packard Rhodes said...

Cousin Bill, do you know yet if any of your Hoyt ancestors or collateral lines made it up into Canada? My fourth great-grandfather Richards Packard ended up in Canada in his quest for land. His grandson, Matthew Hale Packard, married Emily Hoyt in Bolton, Quebec. I wonder if we also have a connection through the Hoyt line as well as Packard!

Bill West said...

Hmm..I'll see what I can find out, Karen!