Pages

Friday, October 28, 2016

52 ANCESTORS IN 52 WEEKS 2016 WEEK 34: CYRUS MOORE OF WATERFORD & OXFORD ME.

My 4x great grandfather  Stephen Moore was one of my brickwalls. I posted about him this last
January and a comment from fellow genealogist Elizabeth Handler  helped break down that wall
and add several more branches to my family tree.

So in this post I'm moving on to Stephen's son, my 3x great grandfather Cyrus Moore. I don't have as much  information as I do on some of his ancestors, but I do know he was born on 20 Jun 1813 in Waterford. Oxford, Maine. He and Hannah Upton married sometime before the birth of my 2x great grandmother Betsey Jane Moore,   of the four children I've found so far.:

Solon Moore born about 1840,  probably in Waterford, Me.
Betsey Jane Moore 16 Aug 1842 Waterford, Me.
Cyrus N. Moore 1 Nov 1844 Albany Me
Harriet Moore (Birth information unknown)

Cyrus died sometime before November 23 1846 which is the earliest date on documents in his probate file.
Although there is no land in the inventory, the items listed in it seem to indicate he was a farmer.

Hannah was left with four young children  so it's not surprising she remarried a year after Cyrus' death. Her 
second husband was Peter Emery, with whom she had two more children.

Obviously, I need to do more digging on Cyrus! 


No comments: