Pages

Friday, August 04, 2017

52 ANCESTORS IN 52 WEEKS 2017 WEEK 29 NICHOLAS HOLT OF ANDOVER, MA. PT3


Nicholas Holt was one of the first new ancestors I added to my tree back when I began tracing my family's history. I hadn't really returned to that research in several years and now I've found a few  discrepancies with what I had found back then.

They concern Nicholas' wives. I had two marriages in my database for him, and now I've found three, and there is a different names for his second wife.

I had her listed as Mary Manning,  

Daniel Steele Durrie and Charlotte Helen Abbott both say the second wife was  Hannah (Bradstreet) Rolfe who Nicholas married in Andover on 10Jun 1658 and they had two children. Hannah died in 1665.

The third wife (that I had not know about) was a widow,  Martha Preston, who Nicholas married on 21Ma 1666.

I've now found the records of both marriages and changed my database.

While Nicholas didn't leave a will Daniel Steele Durrie's entry on Nicholas has pointed me towards land deed made to the children which I'm going to search for on FamilySearch. 

No comments: