Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

52 ANCESTORS IN 52 WEEKS 2017 WEEK 39: JOHN ABBOTT OF ANDOVER, MA. PT3

Here's the second half of my transcription of my 8x great grandfather John Abbott's
will:


Essex County, MA: Probate File Papers, 1638-1881.Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. Case66 Page5


Essex County, MA: Probate File Papers, 1638-1881.Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. Case66 Page6



I give to my well beloved son Stephen Abbott one half of ye land that I purchased
that was Hue Stones and ye other half I give to my well beloved son Ebenezer Abbott
now in the posescion equally to be divided also I give to my son Stephen Abbott
Three acers of land layd out near his house to mee be it more or less and bounded as
on Record. I give also to my son Ebenezer Abbott three acers of land lying on the
west side of the land that I gave him whear he now lives as it is butted and bound
 or be itt more or less; I also give my son Ebenezer Abbott four common wights as my
 Statement was in ye divishon or the same proportion by any other way
 of statement

Item-I give to my well beloved son Ephraim Abbott 40 pounds which he has received
allredy from me also I give him three acers of land layd out to mee near his house be
it more or less-as it is bound  on Record as allso two acers and a half of my common
wright as my statement was in ye first divishion or by same proportion in any way
of statment

Item- I give to my beloved son Joshua abbott  forty-five pounds in mony: which he has
received of mee all but ten pounds -------------------------------------------------------------------

Item-  I give to my well beloved daughter Sarah Chandler : two cowes and Six sheep and
half my moveables as  expresedt on the other side thetTwo cowes and six sheep shee
has received allready att her marage.---------------------------------------------------------------------

Item- I give to my beloved daughter Presilah Abbott two cowes and six sheep and half
my moveables as is on the other side expresed.---------------------------------------------------------

Item-I order my executors to take the whole care to provide for their honored mother
after my decease first she shall have ye liberty of which roome she pleases for to
live in and my executors to provide for her suitable cloathing of all sorts both
for lining and wooling and meat  drink washing  and fire wood and candles the
 wood to be  cut and brought into ye house and phisick and tendance in case of sick nes
 and for what ever she wants for her comfort so long as she remains my widow
if it be to the day of her death and att her death  I order my executors to give ye
honored mother a decent christian buriall if she dyes my widow but if she
shall see reason to marry again then my executors to be freed from what I have
ordered them to do for her.---------------------------------------------------------------------
And I doe hear by utterly disalow revoke and disannull every other will and testament
ratiifing this and no other to be my last will: and testament: and of this I make
my well beloved sons John Abbott and Joseph Abbott my executors they receiving
paying all my lawfull debts and receiving my dues and my loveing brother
George Abbott and Nathanel Abbott to see this my will performed In witness whear
of I have hear unto sett my hand and seal the day and year on the other side
mentioned.
Signed, Sealed published  pronounced  and declared by the said John Abbott
as his last will and testament in the presence of us
the subcribers.
Timothy Abbott                                                                                John Abbott & a seal
George Abbott, Jr.
Henry Abbott                                                                            This therein  appear and make oath
                                                                                                        April 10, 1721

No comments: